Slips In Shops
“If you have slipped in a shop and believe it wasn’t your fault, contact Lance Mason today for a free, with no obligation.”
When Can I Claim?
It is the responsibility of the shop owner to maintain appropriate health and safety standards at all times. If you have fallen and sustained a lasting injury as a result of standards not being maintained, you may be entitled compensation. Examples include:
- Falling on a wet floor and there is no ‘wet floor’ sign in sight
- Uneven or broken flooring that has caused you to fall
- Tripping over objects that should have been put away, such as stock that has been left out
What To Do Next
If you have fallen in a shop and sustained an injury, is it crucial that you follow the steps listed below:
- Make sure the shop keeper is aware that you have fallen in their shop and ensure the incident is recorded in the accident book
- Take down the details of the shopkeeper and any witnesses available at the time
- Make a note of any details relevant to the accident, such as the time and date
- Take pictures of where you fell
It is then important that you visit your doctor as soon as possible. They will be able to assess your injuries and make a record of the time the injuries were sustained. If you do not visit your doctor soon after the accident, it becomes more difficult to prove that the injury was actually sustained in the shop.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to make a claim, or if you have any questions about how it works, contact us today.
All our advice is confidential, with absolutely no obligation involved.
WANT YOUR CASE RESOLVED PROFESSIONALLY ?